Wednesday, April 13, 2011

BloggeRhythms 4/13/2011

I never saw the show or movie, Dumb & Dumber, at least I think that's the name, but just going by the title alone I think Nancy Pelosi could play both parts simultaneously. I've written about her before, for instance when she said she'd never read the new health care law, but was certain everyone would love it. And, that was one of her more bright spots (no pun intended.)

But remarks she made today are right up there on the chart as far as intellectual vapidity goes. Because according to the AP, after a few months back in the minority, she said elections "shouldn't matter as much as they do."

Speaking to a crowd in Massachusetts, about the importance of shared values, she seemed to urge Republicans to moderate their views so that the space between the parties wasn't so vast. Because then, she imagined, elections wouldn't be so determinative.

She reportedly said, "To my Republican friends, take back your party, so that it doesn't matter so much who wins the election because we have shared values about, again, the education of our children, the growth of our economy, how we defend our country."

Now, if I understand her correctly, what she's suggesting is forgetting about political differences in elections, because in the very important thing's that need to be done to fix education, the economy, national defense and so on, party doesn't matter.

That means its perfectly alright to continue supporting an educational system and teachers unions that are abject failures, because that's what her party wants and believes. It's also fine to keep increasing the budget deficit because no matter how they try to camouflage their intent, the results prove the point. And as far as national defense goes, her party's determined to keep the borders porous regardless of risk and cost.

On the other hand, as near as I can determine the other party is diametrically opposed to everything her party does.

So what am I missing here? Because I can't see any agreement at all. I guess I'll just have to keep re-reading her comments until I'm capable of grasping the meaning, and then maybe this coming season I'll root for both the Jets and their opponents, because they both play the same game...so why should I care who wins?

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment