Monday, May 10, 2010

BloggeRhythms 5/10/2010

Finally got a sale-ready proof of my new book, Cole Calling, this morning so we're off and running. Next comes marketing, promotion and all that sales stuff, and this time around, maybe some personal appearances and signings. After all, this is book number three so, pretty soon, I might become a real author.

Aside from that, I just finished reading the third book in a row or so by other authors, and that helps with inspiration. Because, it's been quite a while since I've read novels that I'd call very good, but these three certainly were, so that's motivational too. And now that I have no more editing or other changes regarding what I've already finished, my excuses are finished too.

So, it's back to the keyboard and finding out what Bobby Cole and his friends and foes are up to at the moment. I know I've touched on this aspect of fiction writing in earlier entries, but now that I'm thinking about it again, I thought I'd jot it down. Because, even though I do all the writing myself, I've no idea where the actual words and individual scenes come from.

The same goes for most of the characters. It seems to me that I just sit at my desk and all this stuff just shows up on my screen. A few blogs ago I mentioned that Albert Brooks, actor, author, director among many other things, said writers are always working, 24/7/365 though not always on paper. And, in my case, I agree with him completely.

Because I know Bobby hasn't been just sitting around waiting for me to show up to jot his exploits down, he hasn't got time for that. So, I'm going to put my fingers on the keyboard, to find out what he's been up to, and what's going to happen next. Because, even if I wasn't his author, I want to find out what's going on myself. And, aside from the fact that he does his job extremely well in my books, I really like him.

As far as the other characters go, they work pretty much the same way. I type and they show up. For example, there's this new guy, Alec Fleet. I don't really know who he is or very much about him, except he seems very successful, polished, articulate and charming. But, is he a good or bad guy? I haven't a clue and, for now, neither does Bobby. In fact, Bobby hasn't even met him yet. But he will. Then we'll both find out about the elite Mr. Fleet, and exactly where this gentleman will take us.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment