Saturday, April 10, 2010

BloggeRhythms 4/10/2010

Spoke to a friend who said he began reading yesterday's blog and was sure I'd lost it all together. Told me he didn't figure out where the story was going until almost the end. Well, that was the whole point, I replied. Because, (now think about this one) if I told you the end at the beginning, why would you read the rest? And, better than that, why would I bother writing it?

Aside from that, there's really not much else going on today that's blogable. There's the Masters, of course, but I think I've already beaten that issue to death, literally and figuratively speaking. And more of the same bumbling and stumbling in DC. I'm pretty sure most readers of my blog are pretty tired of scanning my thoughts about that.

So, I'm just going to look forward to writing tomorrow's entry. Because as boring for me as this day is, that should all change tonight.

A long-time friend and in many ways idol of mine, is singing this evening. Now, that in and of itself isn't so odd, because lots of people sing. But, not too many of them do it in a room backed up by live musicians and in front of a good-sized crowd. Of course, there certainly are singers who appear on stage accompanying themselves with instruments or have others behind them from individual musicians to entire orchestration. Nonetheless, most of those others are show-business types, not guys in the finance business.

And that's what my friend is, a professional finance person. He's been engaged in the real business world his entire career. And now, when most folks who've been around for a while pick some place to sit in the sun, he's out there in front of audiences, making them applaud because they're having fun. Why does he do it? I've never asked but it seems obvious to me, because he loves it, and most important of all, he's really good.

As for now, I'm going to end this entry right here and write the rest tomorrow, because I certainly could go on for quite a few more pages. But I need to save my energy for all the applauding I'll do myself tonight.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment