Friday, November 26, 2010

BloggeRhythms 11/26/2010

Thanksgiving turned out to be a pretty good day all around, if you weren't a turkey that is. I didn't have to drive too far, there was hardly any traffic at all, and for a family get together, reasonably good behavior from all.

But, the two best things that happened occurred well after dinner was over, and I was back home in bed. First and foremost, the Jets actually played solid football throughout and scored a nice win, and better than that, except for one little doze-off at half-time I actually saw most of the game.

As regular readers know, I've got my own beliefs about Jets teams, formulated from years of heart-breaking experience. And though I absolutely know that every game played by every team in every sport must be fully played before anyone on earth actually knows the results, some predictions are more valid than others.

But, when it comes to Gang Green, you've got to know that the clock's ticked it's final tick and that there's nothing harmful that can change that, before you say to yourself, "Yup, that's a win." Because in my heart of hearts I'm certain that if there's a way to give away a game, even one that seems over, the Jets are fully capable of still finding a way to lose.

But, aside from the score itself, what was far more important to me is that from the opening kick-off right to the end, this team played solid football. Unfortunately, since I don't have the TV sound on and really don't read all the blurbs on the screen, I know very few names of the players and thus, can't give them individual credit. But it seemed to me that all of them, backs, ends, wide receivers, and certainly the whole defensive squad played a great game.

So, with the season coming down toward the end, I guess we're going to find out if these guys are the real deal or not. And that means it's absolutely necessary now, more than ever, to keep my TV on mute, because there's going to be enough smoke, noise, and plain absolute gibberish from the "pundits" and wannabees coming out of the woodwork that I'm surely going to wish I was really deaf.

On another front, it seems the Stuxnet worm is back and plaguing Iran's centrifuges used for its nuclear programs. There are stories on the web that have lot's of interesting detail that you can look up about what's been done and how. But my point is simply the same as last time. If you were the person responsible for pushing the ignition button for an Iranian nuclear missile, would you do it? I know I certainly would not. So, to me that's the genius of whoever planted that virus in the first place. Because, it just might turn out to be the worm that saved the world.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment