Monday, November 22, 2010

BloggeRhythms 11/22/2010

I wrote yesterday's entry early, consequently Gang Green had yet to play. Then, when they pulled the game out with about twenty three seconds of time remaining, I was too stunned to type for the rest of the night. So I didn't sit down and amend the blog. And this makes about five in a row, or so, where they've gone down to the wire or more, because two wins were in overtime.

Ordinarily, I'd write this off to chance and think of as in keeping with Jet tradition, because I don't know of any other NFL team that over it's history has gone down to the wire in so many games. Events like the famous Marino false spike, and then his winning pass for the Dolphins. And who can ever forget the Heidi fiasco where they managed to lose in something like a tenth of a second, after the network had switched from the game to the movie, so no fans at home saw the game end. Those are just two of the major highlights, but the list of last minute losses and give away's is really quite long and cemented in Jet history.

Yet, despite the losing tradition, this year seems a little bit different. Because, although I'm having a hard time believing my own typing...they seem to be playing better football, but are just a little bit inconsistent over the course of their games. Yet, when they're up against the wall, these guys don't fold like their predecessors...they step up, suck it in and win.

I was so surprised by their recent performance, especially yesterday's incredible save, that I actually turned on the sound to listen to an analysis on TV this morning. I did it simply because I was curious if these guys agreed with me. And as it turned out, they don't.

The two I listened to were ex-players, not jock-sniffer, wannabe, never was, "experts'", who never tossed anything more than a Big Mac down their neck. It was Neon Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin, both super stars in their time. And, according to them this years Jets are the real deal, which they attribute to Mark Sanchez quarterbacking, far better than your average second year pro, and the depth at the key positions, particularly receivers, linemen and defensive secondary.

They attribute the teams strength to the coaching staffs ability to figure out their weaknesses, then going out and finding the guys they need, and most of all, insuring that everyone fits in and all play as a team. The most recent addition played a big part Sunday, Number 10, Santonio Holmes.

As for me, maybe I've just been around this team too long. because I won't believe anything anyone says, til I see the results. And the only thing I'm sure of at the moment is that I no longer need a cardiologist. Because if I survived the end of Sunday's game still standing, it's obvious that nothing can give me a coronary.

Elsewhere in the news, Barabara Bush who knows a little bit about how things work in the political world apparently had a few words about Sandra Palin, when interviewed by Larry King. Mrs. Bush's suggestion was "she seems very happy in Alaska." And then she added, "I hope she'll stay there."

Now, I don't know about you, But Mrs. Bush's comment seemed pretty cold to me.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment