Thursday, August 5, 2010

BloggeRhythms 8/5/2010

After reading yesterday's entry my wife told me she'd never read another word of mine if I didn't stop beating the Soros issue to death. She said she was tired of the tirades, bored with the text and suggested I either move on (no pun intended) or give up blogging.

I replied that I was only trying to mention issues in the news that seemed noteworthy, and that my feedback from many folks indicated that a lot of them were unaware of information I'd found, thus, I was only trying to inform them. But, regardless of why I input all that stuff, if I bored you all, I apologize.

Meanwhile, I think something I wrote yesterday is worth a few more words. Because, I guess I came down pretty hard on medical folks. I did that, however, because they, like many others in service businesses today seem to have gone along with the current trend of providing poor to mediocre service and conditioning the customer to accept their miserable to non-existent performance nonetheless.

I know extremely well from my own experience that there are significant numbers, perhaps the majority, of medico's whom do their jobs as if they're doing the patient a favor. I also sense, from many folks that I talked to, or watched in medical offices and hospitals that many, many blindly accept these medico's seeming disregard and keep coming back for more, because they apparently feel that these medico's are "special" people.

But, I keep coming back to the same question. What are these medico's really? They're service people and technicians whom happen to work on people instead of products or inanimate structures. And, just like products, bodies consistently function in specific ways unless or until there's a glitch. Then, when glitches occur, service people are the ones expected to make repairs.

Well, if that's the case, and I'm pretty sure it is, why should anyone be shocked or surprised if the repairs come out right? That's what repair professionals are supposed to do to begin with, fix things that are broken or in disrepair.

Consequently, when I was talking to the guy the other day who thought I should be more respectful or appreciative of people simply because they properly did what they're far more than adequately compensated for, I fail to see why. In fact, I think it should be the other way around. While you can't return a customer that one of these turkeys croaked through mis-diagnosis or botched handiwork, or get reimbursed for lost hours of folks time frittered away in waiting rooms while these clowns overbook their calendars, there should be compensation back to whoever bears the loss.

And I certainly don't mean that ambulance-chasing, lounge-lizard lawyers are justified in their class-action or malpractice cases. What I think is needed is a simple refund schedule. If an operation is botched, the customer should get every nickel back, plus a penalty of "X". Conversely, a mis-diagnosed hangnail gets the customer back a pre-set amount and so on for every procedure. Every other business works that way. If a product or service is fouled up -the customer gets rebated a certain amount. Therefore, croaked patient refunds should be huge.

I think a system like that would solve lot's of problems for medical customers. If nothing else it'll get a whole bunch of these turkey medico's to shape up. Because, above all -even above the hypocritical oath- these guys want the bucks. So, maybe they'll pay more attention to their customers and actually start caring about the case outcomes, because right now the medico's have no downside.

Aside from all that, we won't have to worry about the clowns on the bottom of the medical ladder, because they'll all go broke and blow out in less time than it took to compose this entry. And, as for me, I have to stop typing now, because I want to send this idea on to the White House, Congress and the AMA.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment