Wednesday, November 7, 2012

BloggeRhythms 11/7/2012

It’s a good thing that I write my thoughts every day, because I’m absolutely and unequivocally speechless this morning and will likely be that way for some time to come. And to get right to the point, I’ve never been so wrong about anything in my life than my expectations of yesterday’s presidential election because it was more than simply a huge surprise to me, it was shocking.
 
Without rehashing all the details, whereas I’ve been posting them for many months now, it was inconceivable to me that anyone on the planet with an iota of intellect would purposefully choose to continue to live in the dismal miasma of the past four years. However, I guess I just didn’t understand how helpless, hopeless, goalless and mindless more than half the population’s become. Because what those voters have willingly done to themselves is far beyond my comprehension. To me it’s like facing an inept firing squad and offering to help them load and aim the guns.
 
I know as sure as I’m sitting here typing that there will be zillions of rationales, explanations, and analyses of yesterday’s election results but they won’t matter a whit to me. Because I think I now understand all that I need to regarding what half of the population’s chosen to do with their lives, futures and dreams. They’ve simply thrown in the towel, decided to leave their destiny's to others and simply exist without raising a finger by taking the easiest way out.
 
And that’s what confused me the most when I saw the election results, because  I never expected that in any circumstance whatsoever, over half the American public could ever be convinced to quit and give control of their lives to anyone else but themselves.
 
That’s it for today folks.
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment