Tuesday, November 6, 2012

BloggeRhythms 11/4/2012

What a week! But thanks to Sandy, millions of others can say the same thing, with far too many of them doing much, much worse than we did. Our power and heat were lost for six days but are now back, however, still no phone, TV or internet connection. Consequently, I’m typing today’s entry, but don’t know when it will post on-line.
 
For most of the downtime, except for a portable radio which faded in and out due to weak signals in this area, I might as well have been on Mars news-wise, but did pick up some items sporadically here and there. For example, I’m aware that Marathon Man, Mayor Doomsberg, finally caved to common sense and cancelled his run through the city. Nonetheless, I think his real issue wasn’t axing the event itself, but the forfeiture of about $350 million from sponsors who now don’t have to pony up.
 
Along the same lines, I heard he told the president to stay away because the city couldn’t afford the added protection required as the police were needed for folks who had dire problems, not just a guy looking for photo ops and votes.
 
But then, when on Thursday Doomsberg endorsed the incumbent -which I’m sure he traded for a huge increase in federal disaster funds-  I did a mental-triple take when I heard the reason he provided. It seems to me he went down the list of issues, looking for one he could use, finally settling on climate change and the incumbent’s concerns on the subject. And in that way, although his endorsement was likely extorted in return for the federal funds, the mayor’s telling us all by his choice of reason that try as he did he couldn’t come up with a thing the incumbent believes or has done that’s good for the nation and therefore hopes he’s letting us all know that.
 
In the end, I guess, this is just one more example of how politicians think, act, and manipulate, regardless of the issues at hand. And even in dire situations like the one we’re facing right now, their major concern is themselves and always has been. Everyone else comes last.
 
However, fortunately Doomsberg’s soon gone from office and with any luck at all, the incumbent’s cooked too. So, my only hope right now is that the booths work on Tuesday, but f not I’ll find some way to get my vote in. Because another four years of national damage by the incumbent will make Sandy look like only a drizzle by comparison. 
 
That’s it for today folks
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment