Monday, September 5, 2011

BloggeRhythms 9/5/2011

I've mentioned several times recently that I've never figured out the value of speeches. And I guess it's because I've always worked for a living, and therefore my survival and advancement resulted from what I actually produced, not what I promised or said. But I think things may be changing, even for politicians, because the public seems to be waking up and finally realizing that empty suits with big mouths can cost them their homes, futures and jobs.

And maybe that's why recent polls show that in Sarah Palin's case, 74 percent of voters think she should not run for president. The numbers say that 71 percent of GOP voters believe she should stay out of the race, as do even 66 percent of self-described Tea Party members.

Palin's response was "Polls? Nah... they're for strippers and cross country skiers." She also went on to say "Candidate Obama didn't have a record when he was running for office, but President Obama sure does...That hopey-changey stuff didn't create one job in August."

What struck me about her comments was, as far as her own qualifications go, she doesn't have too much more experience at governing than do strippers or cross-country skiers herself. Because her state's mostly barren, frozen tundra populated by some Eskimos and a few elks. If it weren't for a pipeline and some tourists on ships, no one would even know where it was. I grew up in Manhattan and more folks lived in my apartment building than in most towns where she's from.

So, maybe she'll actually run or maybe she won't, I doubt it'll make a difference because she can't possibly win. But, I still have to wonder why folks who supposedly care about their country would waste so much time and resources when they know from the start they're seeking a position miles and miles over their head.

And I think that the fact that folks like that run at all demonstrates their true nature. Because, as we can all see right at this moment, a monumentally overblown ego in office can cost most of the population dearly, some beyond repair. But as far as those self-serving pomposity's go, they truly don't give a damn about anyone but themselves and never will.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment