Tuesday, September 20, 2011

BloggeRhythms 9/20/2011

Just saw part of a Rick Perry press conference from downtown NYC. He says he came here specifically to oppose the Palestinian attempt for statehood recognition in the U.N. at the organization's world meeting this week.

In a nutshell, the governor said he thought the administration's Middle-East policies were misguided at best, or simply flat-out wrong in the attempt to coddle militant upstarts whose only desire is eradicating Israel completely, while turning its back on a sixty year ally and the only democracy in the entire region.

While I watched, I asked myself the same question I've posed for years now. My simple query is: Why would anyone of Jewish faith support any Democrat president today? Because, from my recollection, going all the way back to the Carter administration, Republicans have always been more favorably inclined toward them than Dems. In fact, I think Carter's still looking for ways to blow Israel off the map. To prove that point, all one has to do is listen to him or read his writings.

Nixon, and certainly Reagan were great friends of Israel as I recall, while Johnson couldn't care less. And when it comes to the Clinton's, I have vivid memories of Hillary and Mrs. Arafat socializing often, but it was Rudy Giuliani who told Yasir himself to pack up his camel and go home when he tried to crash New York political events.

So, here we have another example of a clueless administration picking the wrong horse once again. And I'm now beginning to think they really don't even have a specific political agenda, they're just in so far over their heads they can't figure anything out at all.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment