Sunday, September 4, 2011

BloggeRhythms 9/4/2011

Not much newsworthy going on, but I did read that three Republican debates are scheduled for this month. And that raises a question again I've asked here before. What's the purpose or point of debates in the first place?

I certainly understand that some politicians are better speakers than others, and some are faster on their feet when it comes to talk. But none of that has anything to do with how well they perform their jobs or how qualified they are for any particular position. Beyond that, they all have documented track records and have proven their experience and worth to date.

Since that's the case, we know for certain that there are only two qualified candidates in this race so far, Romney and Perry, and all the rest are wannabes whom are totally unprepared for the job. So who cares what the amateurs have to say?

What's more we're all presently living through the results of what happens when someone gets into the oval office on nothing but misguided BS, and hopefully, a horrendous error like that won't happen again.

So, while I'm certainly not going to waste my time listening to politicos blabber on about theoretical fantasies that have nothing to do with the real world, the only regret I really have is, that in my own professional life I never worked for a business that used debates as a measure of performance.

My employers all used documented success as the measure for hiring me in the first place and then for keeping me on the job. So, I had to continue producing and improving just to survive.

Nonetheless, I would have much preferred delivering only hot air instead of having to ever actually deliver acceptable results. That way, my working life would have been a breeze in more ways than one.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment