Sunday, September 25, 2011

BloggeRhythms 9/25/2011

Since there's not much going on in the news, except for the political nuclear bomb that will likely erupt due to Solyndra, I gave some more thought to the subject of presidential debates.

And since I didn't remember if George W. ever debated anyone, because I didn't tune in if he did, I looked it up. I searched him specifically because if you believe what you read in the press, he may be the dumbest, most inarticulate person who ever lived. And lo and behold, what I found was he indeed debated against Al Gore.

According to an article I found from a newspaper in Bangor Maine, they think the Bush/Gore debate was one of the funniest things they'd ever seen, and certainly not because that was the intention of the debatees. Yet, in the end, W wound up in the White House and Gore's out hustling worthless products and services to combat global warming which is proving to be something that doesn't even exist and never did. So, to me that's simply another confirmation that debates are absolute wastes of both time and candidate's breaths.

Then I gave some further thought to the upcoming election and what I would do if I were the Republican candidate. My decision was, I'd refuse to show up for presidential debates. Because as far as I can tell, the only asset the incumbent has is he's supposed to be great at debates. On the other hand, his actual performance has reduced the nation to third-world status, 20% of the working population can't support itself and we're about to bottom out into another recession. In fact, there isn't any constituency in the country that he hasn't damaged greatly.

And since that's the case, I'd leave the master-debater to talk to himself because there's really not much worth discussing with him. We all know what he's done. And beyond that, as I recall reading in my youth, most master-debaters do it best when they're by themselves.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment