Monday, April 5, 2010

BloggeRhythms 4/5/2010

The check is in the mail, I've got a stock to recommend that's going to go through the roof and your new book's been shipped out today. Those are my three favorite stories for the moment. Except this time, I really believe the publisher has actually sent my work out.

So, unless some tragedy befalls the delivery, the ongoing story of publication is over. And that's why I wanted to make this entry today. Because I have to make a correction.

A couple of days ago, when I was mired in publication issues, I mentioned having a productive brainstorm. The idea struck me that, as busy as he is, I just ought to pick up the phone and call my son. To ask for his help and a solution. And that's precisely what I did. He immediately went out of his way, prioritized my problem, stuck with it and shortly got it fixed. I was so pleased that he did what he did and how he did it, I entered it in my blog.

Talking to him a short while later, he said "Gee Dad, thanks for mentioning me today and for the left-handed compliment." "Left-handed?" I asked. "What do you mean by that?" "Well," he replied, "You wrote that when I began trying to straighten out the publication issues, I encountered the same hurdles you did and had some questions similar to yours. That says to me, we both ran into trouble and I wasn't that much help."

Hearing him say that really upset me. Because that's not what I meant to write at all. I was trying to point out that even an expert had difficulty in trying to understand what some backroom computer weenie had asked reasonably intelligent folks to do to accommodate an overly rigid program that would likely stump the top folks at NASA. And to underline the issue, let me write here that there was no way on Earth I could have ever overcome the DP hurdles myself. Were I own my own, I'd likely be producing my novel in longhand. (Actually, I'd have to print because nobody can read my writing.)

So, a heartfelt thanks to my son, without whom there'd be no book. Obviously he knows whatever needs to be known about computers, systems and programs. As for me, I've got to go back and learn how to make myself clear when writing entries into my blogs.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment