Wednesday, April 21, 2010

BloggeRhythms 4/21/2010

I really can't tell whether or not some of the positions I take or statements I make in writing my daily entry's are in agreement with most others thoughts or not. Frankly, that's because I don't get enough feedback, one way or the other. Perhaps, in time, my reader base will grow, or those who log on now but keep their comments to themselves will forward more information to me down the road.

In any case, however, one thing that I've been hearing for many years, and has been mentioned to me even in past blog comments, is that I have a tendency to let people know what I think of them, good, bad or indifferent. And, many think that tendency is not a good one, because if my remarks aren't positive, others feelings may be hurt or at times they may feel insulted. And, one really shouldn't be blatantly negative because, if nothing else, it certainly isn't "politically correct."

Now, I've thought my attitude through many, many times over the years, and more or less always come to the same conclusion. And to illustrate my point, I'll try to provide an example.

Supposing one has a relative whom is a card-carrying dolt and beyond that is incredibly boring, yet in his or her own mind is a gifted intellect and fascinating socializer. For most, the approach to take toward this kind of person would be to smile, demonstrate interest, maintain a pleasant rapport and all the while hope for the encounter to be over ASAP.

Well, in that case, I think the route to take is to get away from the dolt in question as quickly as one can, and if one's exit appears impolite or rude, so be it. Because, I think one must consider the downside of being polite. In this case politeness would lead to perhaps great spans of time in the presence of a dolt who'd likely ruin any listener's enjoyment. But, worse that that, this same dolt would later subject that listener to even greater displeasure. Because, in the future, having already sucked this listener in before, it would likely be much easier for the dolt to snag this listener's ear again.

So, my answer to the preceding is, polite or not, get out as fast as one can. And, if one is perceived by the dolt and/or others as a boorish, self-centered, uncultured lout that's to the better. Because I can't for the life of me figure out why one would want to subject oneself to not only remaining in the presence of a total loser, but opening the door to going through it again further down the road. I believe in cutting out quick, in any way one can, and letting some other diplomat with exquisite manners have some flea brain bore them into a coma.

That's it for today folks.

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment