Monday, August 30, 2010

BloggeRhythms 8/30/2010

TNBNT

I have a friend with whom I discuss many things that I'd put under the heading of current events. Since he's very well read and keeps himself informed, the conversations often get into some real depth. In fact, there have been quite a few times where we've been ahead of the curve, regarding expected outcomes or conclusions of events making headlines, to the extent that my friend thinks our conversations are being overheard or taped by the media or other entities.

Now, what I wrote about yesterday isn't really in the category of predicting the outcome of a current situation, but it's sort of in the same realm. Because the scene I described was how Saddam Hussein's media guy was on live TV boasting and raving about how wonderful Saddam's armed forces were while our military marched into the studio and dragged him out on camera. Yet, this guy kept on yapping about Iraqi superiority and wouldn't shut up.

Well, that scenario was just something I wrote about yesterday because Joe Biden reminded me of the misguided Iraqi spokesman, holding the rail tightly, then going down with the ship. But today, the analogy became even clearer, although I wasn't trying to make any kind of prediction.

Because the president gave a speech this morning, about how important an additional $30 billion in spending is that he wants to use to create jobs. And, as he was talking, I was watching the box in the lower right hand corner of my TV update the three major stock markets index change. The longer he talked, the lower all three indices declined. So, I guess that that was another confirmation that the American public has had enough talk, and now wants to see some positive results. But this guy and Biden struck me as being exactly like Saddam's guy in Iraq. They'll just keep on yammering until somebody drags them out by their ankles.

And, to clarify, I'm not writing this stuff about only the current administration, they just happen to be in office now. It applies to all politicians, regardless of affiliation. They don't have a clue, never did, never will and all of them exist purely on what they can steal from other's pockets. So, hopefully there will be a clean sweep in November, and the November after that one, and so on. Because the only way anyone in any elected office can help the general population is by being voted out.

That's it for today folks.

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment