Saturday, August 21, 2010

BloggeRhythms 8/21/2010

Watching the news yesterday afternoon, I saw this blurb about Daisy Khan, the Imam’s wife, saying that moving the site of the proposed new Mosque at Ground Zero is not negotiable. I guess she was speaking for her husband, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, who’s on a U.S. State Department paid trip to the Middle-East to promote peace and good will. You can look that up. I did.

Now, I have no political or religious axes to grind here, I just have some questions. Because I’m not familiar with Imam’s or their religion, or their beliefs. So, I’m just curious.

For instance, what is it about that particular location that makes moving this mosque somewhere else out of the question?

Does it have to do with being nearby the confluence of two rivers?

Does it have anything to do with monetary aspects of Islam? I mean is it extra-beneficial religion-wise to be near Wall Street?

Does it have to do with being in the eastern-most part of New York City?

There are lot’s of subway stops in that vicinity, so does it make it easier for the prayerful to get there?

There are also several Subway Stores around there. So, is it dietary in nature? I mean, are there Imam hero sandwiches that relate to religious icons and martyrs? I really don’t have a clue at all as to what those folks eat or why.

And, it also just dawned on me that Hillary Clinton’s the Secretary of State (I completely forgot about her these last two years.) So, since the State Department’s paying the Imam’s way on his peace trip, does this have anything to do with any of Hillary’s close Middle-Eastern friends, like Mrs. Arafat, who somehow escaped to parts unknown with two or three billion dollars, most of which was glommed from the U.S. Treasury by her husband Yasir, when Bill Clinton was in office?

That leads me to ask if any of those Mosque construction fund dollars went toward the Clinton’s new home in Westchester County? After all, the Clinton’s claim to be religious folks, so maybe the two constructions are spiritually related.

The more I type here the more I realize that these religious issues are very complex things. And, not knowing diddly about Islam put’s me at a great loss. But maybe some time when I’m up in an airplane, and closer to heaven, I’ll understand more clearly what all this means in a spiritual sense as I gaze down at the new Mosque. And I’ll certainly be able to see it clearly, because the World Trade Center's twin towers aren’t there anymore to block my view.

That’s it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment