Sunday, August 1, 2010

BloggeRhythms 8/1/2010

Sometimes it just doesn't get any better. And this is one of those mornings. Because yesterday I was so frosted about the Rangel scandal that I did a whole tirade on corrupted, worthless politicians. Then, lo and behold, along comes a story that not only proves my point, but casts it in stone.

Just this morning I was at my desk and my wife says something about the Clinton wedding yesterday, so I went and looked it up. And what do I find out? The guy their kid married is the son of a former State Representative and here's a blurb that was listed about the daddy: "Edward "Ed" Mezvinsky, born January 17, 1937 is a former congressman and a convicted fraudster. A Democrat, he represented Iowa's 1st congressional district in the United States House of Representatives for two terms, from 1973 to 1977. In 2001, he was convicted of several dozen charges of fraud. He was released from federal prison in 2008. However, he remains on federal probation and still owes almost $9.4 million in restitution to his victims."

It seems all these political folks are like moths drawn to a flame. If there's anything out there worth stealing they're going to reach out to grab it with both hands. And nobody on earth is better at that than both Clintons. And apparently they did well in teaching their daughter, because she obviously learned well from both role models and then sought someone likely to have the same characteristics as them. Perhaps there's an on-line search engine like "Crooks Are Us" where you can find a mate-match that fits by selected criteria, such as fraud, theft, larceny, perjury, lying under oath, misrepresentation,or whatever else you like.

Of course not all politicians are simply crooked. There are some far better than that. Like that one who flunked out of Harvard then went out, drowned his date, fled the scene and swam home. He may have tried to apologize but was so drunk for the rest of his life that nobody understood a word he said.

These days I spend my time writing fiction about bodyguards, cops and crooks. And, above all, I try to make my stories believable because as a reader myself I don't like stories that seem far-fetched. But, if I sat here and typed for a thousand years I couldn't outdo what these politicos do in the real world. They're truly beyond belief.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment