Thursday, June 3, 2010

BloggeRhythms 6/3/2010

I spent some blog time jotting about the president’s decision to skip the Memorial Day ceremonies at Arlington Cemetery this year. I also previously mentioned a disagreement I’d had with someone who felt it was critical that the president attend, to set an example because of the position he holds, while I believed that insincere participation was worse than a snub or absence.

Well, now I’ve come to find out that someone else seems to have taken my side of the issue, and that entity is not one that’s bad to have in your corner at all. Because it seems the president belatedly decided to deliver a Memorial Day speech after all, at the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery near Chicago.

And, as he began his delivery, a massive thunder-and-lightning storm opened up. Thus, the president had to scrap his speech, and visited with military families instead.

Then another setback occurred during a later motorcade ride. At about 1:30 PM, the motorcade screeched to a halt on I-55, because one of the SUVs had blown a tire. Apparently, all the passengers got out and into another car.

Later, as the motorcade headed to Air Force One for the flight back to Washington, the rain stopped at last and the sun finally began shining through.

Now, I don’t know about you, but I think there’s only one force in the universe with the power to pull off stuff like that, and it sure isn’t Mr. Obama. So, as for me, I’m content with the knowledge that the biggest guy of all is by my side on this one, and he and I had both smiled a lot and had very pleasurable Memorial Days.

That’s it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment