Sunday, June 20, 2010

BloggeRhythms 6/20/2010

Father's Day. The day that typical fathers can't get the one thing they really want most...peace and quiet. Because everyone wants to be sure that father's get the tribute, appreciation and gratitude they deserve.

So, they surround them with family, drag them away from the couch or lounge chair and TV and foist a sumptuous lunch or dinner upon them when a six-pack and chips would have been perfect. But if father's were really smart, they wouldn't do anything for anybody ever, especially their kids. That way they'd get all the solitude and relaxation they want, every day of the year.

Some time ago I wrote here that Albert Brooks said that authors are always working 24/7/365, but not necessarily putting the words on paper. He believes that material continually accumulates in author's heads, percolates there, shapes and reshapes itself and then, at some time or other, comes out on writer's fingers into typed or written words. And, if I didn't write it then, I'll write it now. I think he's absolutely correct.

Because I'm really getting into the plot development of my new book It's Cole Outside, and characters and situations are piling up in my brain. Some have already hit the paper and the story's moving along. But, the strangest thing is how some of the people who show up in my scenes are hard to figure out. Some start out good and stay that way, others do the reverse, and some change as time and circumstances move them along. But the hard part for me is, I don't always know how they'll turn out myself, until I type them.

If nothing else though, between this blog and my book one thing's become crystal clear. I've always been a one-finger typist and have no technical skills whatsoever. But, if I don't learn how to type faster I'm going to go completely nuts. Because I'm getting impatient to find out what happens next in all of my writings and having to wait so long to see the stories in print is awful.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment