Saturday, June 12, 2010

BloggeRhythms 6/12/2010

Reformatted the blog layout yesterday and think the appearance is better, but I'm biased since I did it myself. So, comments are appreciated, positive or otherwise, because you're the readers and your opinions are more important than mine.

Beyond that, I can't really find anything worthwhile in the news not already discussed to death. And, not being an avid news type, I don't pay much attention to TV broadcasts. I also don't listen to the radio at all, and haven't much use for newspapers since I'm not housebreaking a dog anymore. Now, I actually don't think I'm off the deep end in this regard, because I believe I have valid reason.

As far as all the broadcast media is concerned, and I've mentioned this before, there's a definitive bias in their reporting. So, if I tune in, I'm not getting actual news, I'm getting their slant or opinion. Aside from that, it seems there's more time devoted to commercials than there is to reporting, and I won't sit still for that.

I pay a lot of money for cable service and refuse to spend those dollars just to hear some bozo scream about how to disintegrate a tomato with a twenty pound sledge in a glass tube. My personal method of veto of that guy and all the other hucksters too is to keep the TV sound off, and change the channel.

But then I get to see something else that's worse. Because I also really don't have an interest in joining some class-action suit brought about by some ambulance chasing, lower than dirt lawyers who're trolling for folks who've come down with beri-beri or scurvy, so what do I do next?

The funny thing is, I started turning the TV sound off altogether quite a long time ago and have come to find out that I don't miss it at all. I also think I'm not alone. I truly believe there are many, many others like me who are ticked off at paying for media that raises all kinds of money from subscribers, then turns around and tries to jam unwanted, worthless products and services down their throats.

So, now that I've convinced myself that I'm not alone, the next step is how to organize a revolt. I've got to do some planning and come up with an answer. And, once I've figured out how to get these worthless commercials off the air, I'll write up the solution. Then, I'll need to get that information out to all those others like me who'd love to hear it. And I think I know how to do that. I'll produce a commercial and show it on TV.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment