Saturday, September 22, 2012

BloggeRhythms 9/22/2012

I’ve written fairly often about my professional career, because over time so many situations arise in almost all walks of life that can be compared to, and learned from, those occurring in the business world. 
 
In that regard, today I was reminded of a book I wrote several years ago, Selling Equipment Leasing, covering just about the entire scope of leasing and financing machinery and equipment.  And after the two introductory chapters that prepare readers for the more specific aspects of the subject to come, I wrote a chapter entitled, “A Winning Attitude.”
 
I included that chapter because, regardless of what’s being brought to market or being sold, I believe that to be effective, persuasive and successful, sellers themselves have to be absolutely convinced that what they offer is what they purport it to be, that it will perform as promised, and is truly worth without doubt whatever the price is. I then go on to provide examples and scenarios illustrating among other things, that astute buyers can routinely sense when a seller is hesitant, has doubts or isn’t certain him or herself that what’s being offered is right for particular situations. Especially in cases where failure to perform might be deemed likely.
 
Coming back to today's thought, and basis for this entry, is a blurb I saw on Fox News website just now, regarding the upcoming presidential debate. And although I have no intention of wasting my time watching, whereas I already know from past performance what the two candidates are all about, and neither can change their histories with flowery words, I did get a clear sense of their own self-opinions from the following paragraph:
 
According to Fox: “Romney's campaign hopes debate will offer chance for GOP candidate to make mark on race, as Obama's team sees it as chance to spread core message, rather than focus on besting rival.”
 
So here we have one guy, Romney who has specific purpose, goals and intent, wishing to positively influence listeners with his experience, wisdom and acumen which he is obviously betting on to help him win the White House. Because, among other things, he not only thinks he deserves it....he believes he can prove it.
 
Then on the other hand we have a lackluster failure, who not only isn’t sure he can win, he’s programmed himself for failure and pre-written the reasons beforehand. Which leads me to ask why in the world any voter with a modicum of common sense would go out and cast a vote for someone who obviously doesn’t even believe he deserves reelection himself?
 
That’s it for today folks
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment