Saturday, September 29, 2012

BloggeRhythms 9/29/2012

I’ve written this subject up before, but due to the timing I’ll mention it again.
 
Next week the presidential debates will begin, and I simply can’t understand their purpose, haven’t watched one in more years than I care to think about, and most importantly, believe that anyone who can be swayed by a politician's words is too dumb to tie their own shoes and likely not able to find a voting booth with a map, a flashlight, seeing eye dog, and Sherpa guide.
 
What’s more, I doubt there’s anyone on earth who really intends to vote that still doesn’t know where candidates stand on every issue imaginable.  Which is especially true today where every word, every breath, and virtually every action taken by politician's is bisected, dissected, analyzed, parsed, put under a microscope, discussed in detail on talk shows, news outlets and panels, shredded, digested, regurgitated and checked for accuracy in every kind of media there is on every side of the aisle, and has been 24/7/365 for the past four years and 366 in today’s case.
 
Beyond all the preceding, we now have the Internet where, I believe, more and more likely voters obtain input. I do that myself, whereas I can find considerably more data than quick TV sound bites or blurbs, especially since I rarely turn the volume on at all which brings me to another point.
 
While I certainly think I know more than enough about the incumbent and the horrendous mistakes he’s made trying to do a job that’s miles and miles above his competency level, while simultaneously attempting to socialize the nation, I also can’t stand the sound of his voice. I find his speech to be irritating, whiny and very spoiled-child like, so except for once a long a time ago I’ve never, ever turned the sound up when he speaks. I read transcripts and recaps instead.
 
Consequently, if I actually were to watch the ridiculous debate to determine who the best actor was as they tried to outdo one another in sounding presidential and stately, every time the incumbent spoke I’d hit the mute button anyway or flip to some other non-news channel till I though he was done.  And that means, all I’d really hear would be Romney anyway whom I'm very familiar with, so what’s the point in watching at all?
 
That’s it for today folks.
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment