Thursday, April 26, 2012

BloggeRhythms 4/26/2012

Sometimes I scan the news and wonder how some of the things I read can possibly be true. Because although I have no regard or respect for the current administration, primarily due to their total lack of knowledge, capability or skill, I'm still astounded that people who've managed to gain control of the greatest nation on earth can be either so incredibly stupid, or worse, -dedicatedly self-serving to the core.

Regardless of which alternative is true however, as each day goes by it seems to me that their tenure is coming to an end primarily due to their continual alienation of even their own former supporters. Because even they are forced to suffer right along with the administration's foes since the horrendous mistakes in governance have negatively affected them as well.

That's why, for a while now I've suggested that the best thing Mitt Romney can do is lay low, not do anything rash or dramatic and simply let the incumbent keep burying himself. And along those lines, I couldn't find better examples of how to commit political suicide than a few that appeared in the news in just the last few days.

For starters, according to Craig Bannister of cnsnews.com, an Environmental Protection Agency official, Region VI Administrator Al Armendariz, admitted that in 2010 the EPA set a “general philosophy” to “crucify” and “make examples” of oil and gas companies. In that regard, here's what he said,

"I was in a meeting once and I gave an analogy to my staff about my philosophy of enforcement, and I think it was probably a little crude and maybe not appropriate for the meeting, but I’ll go ahead and tell you what I said: It was kind of like how the Romans used to, you know, conquer villages in the Mediterranean. They’d go in to a little Turkish town somewhere, they’d find the first five guys they saw and they’d crucify them. Then, you know, that town was really easy to manage for the next few years.”

As for me, I think this clearly illustrates why we're enriching Middle-Eastern sultans and South American nations while our own population has to decide between purchasing fuel or food, as well as why our economy is basically stagnant. Which brings me to the next example of absolute and total mismanagement at the top,

According to Bloomberg News on-line "more Americans than forecast filed applications for unemployment benefits last week, a sign that the labor market is taking time to improve. Jobless claims fell by 1,000 to 388,000 in the week ended April 21 from a revised 389,000 the prior period that was the highest since early January.The median forecast of 48 economists surveyed by Bloomberg called for a drop to 375,000."

Then there's this new item to add. The Washington Times online reported that Supreme Court justices took a dim view of the administration's claim that it can stop Arizona from enforcing immigration laws, telling government lawyers during oral arguments Wednesday that "the state appears to want to push federal officials, not conflict with them." This arose from the administration's arguing that Arizona's provisions conflict with the federal government's role in setting immigration policy, but justices on both sides of the aisle struggled to understand that argument. Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. said at one point, "It seems to me the federal government just doesn’t want to know who’s here illegally.”

And then, last for today but certainly not least,  former president Jimmy Carter, no less, on the Rachel Maddow show on MSNBC talked about Mitt Romney and stated that "I'm not taking a position, but I would be very pleased to see him win the Republican nomination." He clarified his comment with, "I don't think anybody is going to beat (President) Obama next year. But my preference obviously would be for his religious faith not to be an adverse factor in the choices made about who should be representing the Republican party."

So, as I said at the start, a combination of ineptitude, inexperience and arrogance in one's contenders generally leads to extremely poor results from them. Consequently, in that situation, I believe the best one can do for oneself is to simply sit back and let them self-destruct. However, in this case, the incumbent's doing such a miserable job on every front, having to face a consummate professional like Romney doesn't even seem fair because he's not even going to have to open his mouth.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment