Sunday, April 22, 2012

BloggeRhythms 4/22/2012

Mort Zuckerman's a name that's familiar to me, but frankly, I don't know much about him. However, I do associate him as a strong supporter of Democrat causes which is why a headline on Drudge caught my eye: "Zuckerman: Economic Programs Have Failed."

Just to be sure I had the right guy, I Googled his name and here's what I found out. He's been publisher and owner of the New York Daily News since 1993 and, as of 2007, is the current editor-in-chief of U.S. News & World Report. He also co-founded Boston Properties, Inc., in 1970 and serves as the chairman of the board and director.

His article itself addresses various economic issues such as the current high unemployment rate, the lacking of skills and capabilities in the work force, how technology has changed job requirements and so on. It also lists five ways the author thinks things can be improved in this regard. I found it very well written, to the point and think it's worth reading if you want to look it up yourself. But the details aren't why I mention Zuckerman today.

I'm blogging about him because he sounds to me like another high-profile supporter who says he voted for the incumbent last time around, but is disenchanted now and thinks things need to change. Along the same lines, I also noticed that although the president's raised a huge sum of money toward his coming campaign, the amounts significantly lower than last time at this stage.

So here we have some more handwriting on the wall that indicates in spite of all the incumbent's rhetoric to the contrary, when it comes to actual facts and numbers he's got real problems with his traditional base. And when you add that slippage to the frustrations of independents, chances of a second term for him aren't really looking very good at present.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment