Sunday, March 25, 2012

BloggeRhythms 3/25/2012

Nothing much going on in the news today, except for Santorum's Louisiana primary win, which likely won't do much more than prolong his exit from the presidential campaign. But in scanning the net I came across an article quoting Ron Paul, by a guy named Steve Watson, on Infowars.com.

And although I've seen the issue discussed before, I thought I'd mention a particular aspect of Paul's arguments regarding Mitt Romney, because he, as well as many others, claim that Romney "flip-flops" on various issues which they deem terribly wrong. However, I for one, feel that flexibility's an asset, provided that mistakes are learned from or that additional information causes an intelligent observer to re-think previously held incorrect opinions.

What's more, and I've mentioned this often in the past, I believe rigidity regarding mistaken beliefs or assumptions is not only harmful, it's actually quite stupid. And this can be seen quite clearly almost every day by observing the actions of the current presidential incumbent. Because while practically every step the president's taken has proven to be very wrong, he not only hasn't learned a thing, he's actually gotten more rigid which is quickly making things continually worse for the nation in almost every aspect.

So, if I were Mr. Romney I'd make the public a promise that I'd carefully examine the actual results of my policies and decisions and where they prove wrong I'd do my best to change them for the better in the future. Because while talk is cheap and political speeches have no real value,  actual performance counts.

So the president and Ron Paul can stand firm all they want and never adapt, amend or waver, but in the end, putting stubbornness ahead of common sense and consistently repeating mistakes is simple-mindedness beyond comprehension.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment