Sunday, November 20, 2011

BloggeRhythms 11/20/2011

Today's entry has got to be quick, and frankly, I almost forgot to log in because I just received a new computer and upgraded to Windows 7. I've been using Microsoft since the original DOS, have installed several versions of Windows over the years, and one thing remains consistent, I've never had a smooth upgrade yet, including this one.

And despite how many times I've done this, and how much Microsoft promotes that it's now easier than ever to upgrade, either I'm totally inept or they're not being honest. For, example, I thought I was smarter by now and called them before I purchased. I even contacted some of my most important software vendors. Everyone said it's a snap, all I have to do is click on an icon and easily transfer data.

Well, now it's twenty-four hours since my system arrived, and a couple of programs actually function. However, I've got ten more that don't and can't even switch over my email. Because everyone I spoke to in advance forgot to tell me that 7's a 64 bit program and doesn't communicate with anything that isn't...which happens to be all my stuff.

So, I'm going to stop typing now and keep on calling technicians and software vendors and maybe by midweek I'll have got this nightmare finished. And who knows, maybe this entry will actually post.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment