Tuesday, November 15, 2011

BloggeRhythms 11/15/2011

I came across an article on the Drudge Report this morning, and I did a double take because it was a reprint from the New York Times, no less, the bastion of blind Liberalism. And I've always loved their credo: All that fits, we print.

The article's titled, Students Lose Zeal for Aiding Obama Again, and was written by a guy named Adam Nagourney. I mention it because it pretty much sums up the problems Democrats face when they actually encounter the real world and realize that all the hype, smoke and pap that's been shoved down their throats in school simply doesn't exist.

The article focuses on a young woman named, Emma Guerrero, and explains that to a great extent, the president's election campaign of 2008, was her life. She was one of a dozen volunteers who showed up at a campaign office every night, taking time from her studies at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She says that to be part of it all is still remembered as the most exciting period of her life.

But then she went on to state that “I don’t think I could do it anymore. That campaign was an amazing experience. But I don’t think I’m in the same mind-set anymore. He hasn’t really addressed the young people, and we helped him to get elected.”

What's more, the article reported that across Nevada, and in other states too, where young voters were the fuel of the Obama organization, voting for him two to one over John McCain, "the enthusiastic engine of the 2008 campaign has run up against the reality of a deadened job market for college students."

For me, the key word in the preceding paragraph is: "reality." Because I've never given a damn about politics, and certainly have never cared a whit about any politician and think that all of them are worthless parasites. However, they're the one's who have the power to control our economy and security because that's how our system works, ergo they've got considerable influence about things that truly affect my life.

Therefore, when a kid like this college student wakes up and smells the coffee that resonates with me. Because even though this farce in the White House has sold every one of us out, there are still plenty of brain-dead amoebae out there who can vote for him again. But, if jobless kids are now aware of why they can't find work -but really want to- we've got some hope.

Which also goes to prove another one of my firmest beliefs. Our education system may have gone down the tubes quite a few years ago, primarily thanks to the unions. But as these kids are finding out, the school of hard knocks is still providing the most valuable education. And I know it did wonders for me and have to believe it's best for everybody else.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment