Tuesday, July 26, 2011

BloggeRhythms 7/26/2011

With each passing day, I become more convinced that the voting public is much more tuned in and aware of what DC does than ever before. I'm also very much more certain that, for whatever reason, Republicans and Independents are less likely to blindly follow political leaders than Democrats. And that's why I think that most of the time when making his hourly speeches, the president's talking to a group of hard-core, already sold, constituents and may as well blabber to himself, because nobody else is listening.

But since I have to keep up with this stuff to draft my daily entries, although I don't actually listen to politicos, I do read their words in the press. And today's item refers back to something I've mentioned before, but it keeps coming up so I'll say it again.

I've noted often lately that those far to the left have a seeming financial death-wish for their own nation. And they don't appear willing to relent at all, regardless of the huge damage already done by their leader, especially regarding their desire for increases in taxes on the so-called "rich."

To that extent, the president said again yesterday that the rich would have to pay more as their "fair share," and that's where I get confused. Because as I mentioned a week or two ago, "As of right now, the top 1% of taxpayers earn 19% of all income, but pay 37% of federal income taxes and the top 10% pay 68% of those taxes as a group. At the other extreme, the bottom 50% of the spectrum earn below the median income level, amounting to 13% of total income while paying only 3% of the tax."

So, my question for today about the "rich" is: When you're already paying almost all the taxes now, and half the nation pays virtually nothing at all, how much more is needed from you to be fair?

Fortunately for the "rich", the one's responsible for paying the nation's bills, the clock continues to click and November '12's getting closer every day. And the way things are likely to shape up then, they'll finally get some help from voters, especially the ones who understand how economic survival works.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment