Wednesday, March 9, 2011

BloggeRhythms 3/9/2011

Vivian Schiller, CEO of NPR resigned Wednesday at the request of the board according to the Associated Press. I've mentioned the station before, when they terminated commentator Juan Williams after he remarked that he felt uneasy when he sees passengers in "Muslim garb" on airplanes.

This time around a hidden-camera video was released showing a fellow executive criticizing Republicans as "anti-intellectual" and calling the Tea Party "racist."

While these events are getting headline news, I really don't understand why. Because the station's politics and views haven't changed in thirty years that I know of. And you really don't need a video tape or leaked stories of commentator firings to find out how far left the station leans. All you need to do is tune it in.

As I've mentioned before, I began listening years ago primarily because as a public radio station, there are very few commercials. So, whether I agree with their viewpoint or not, I find the station much more pleasant because nobody hammers at me to buy stuff I don't need, want, or care about every two or three minutes.

In fact, I think the top broadcasters on regular radio stations are commercials themselves. Every one of them is involved in a boatload of other businesses they're trying to hype, and they pound you to death with boring, senseless commercial drivel every chance they get. That's the primary reason I don't tune them in any more.

So, as for me, I really don't care who runs NPR, so long as they keep the programming rules the same. Because if I can continue to have uninterrupted stuff to listen to, I don't care if the station's run by Fidel Castro.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment