Wednesday, January 26, 2011

BloggeRhythms 1/26/2011

As always, I skipped the State of the Union message last night, and after reading recaps today am satisfied that I didn't miss a thing. But, in one of the articles I found something interesting, because, evidently the president fulfilled two promises from last year's speech.

In his second State of the Union speech last year, he particularly focused on two issues, and has delivered on both: global warming and stimulus spending.

Since I live in the Northeast, I'm witness to the fact that global warming is over. And, thanks to the president, I've shoveled more snow in the last few weeks than I've seen in as long as I can remember. What's more, long term forecasts predict that this will continue to be one of the longest, snowiest, coldest winters on record. So, on this one...hats off to the president for ending global warming and also to AlGore who in addition to carbon swaps is now selling snow blowers and shovels.

Then there's the issue of stimulus spending where the president really lived up to his promise. Because as of now, the federal deficit is moving toward $14 trillion and climbing. So that boils down to the president taking his promise so seriously, he's put every citizen in smothering debt and plans to add more if Congress will let him. And in that regard, he'll make sure that he stands by his words...even if it takes every nickel you've got.

That's it for today folks.

Adios





No comments:

Post a Comment