Monday, January 24, 2011

BloggeRhythms 1/24/2011

Very depressing day yesterday, and not simply because the Jets lost. I've been watching that team for too long to let them get to me that way. What's bothering me is, they didn't lose the game to the Pittsburgh Steelers, they lost it because of "stealers" from the NFL.

I've seen football refs do terrible jobs before -missed calls, quick whistles, mis-reads on the side or end lines, whatever- but yesterday's squad was the worst I've ever witnessed. And as I've mentioned in previous entries, for some reason this year's Jet team has been a slow starter all season long, so I really expected them to be down at the half. But, what I didn't anticipate was that the opposition would be gifted a touchdown by the zebras, simply due to blown calls. Because when you give a guy like Big Ben Roethlisberger three first downs in a row via mis-called penalties, he's going to score. And, if you take the ref's gift away, the Jets win the game by two points.

Now, as usual, I didn't have the sound on and I didn't watch any of the post game stuff either, I never do, so I don't know if the commentators brought up the horrid job the refs did. And frankly, my guess is they'd likely protect the officials anyway. But the Jets season finally ended regardless, thanks to the penalties imposed by referees who obviously had other motives.

So, when all is said and done, despite their lackadaisical slow start, the Jets came back in the second half as usual, and shut the stealers out. In fact, Gang Green clearly won the game. But, unfortunately, since the refs had made sure that the Jets wouldn't recover at all, the losing stealers are on their way to the anything but "super" bowl.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment