Friday, July 26, 2013

BloggeRhythms 7/26/2013

Just put gas in my car. Paid $4.07 gallon. Last week, paid $3.70 Week before that, $3.50. Five years ago $2.00 or so. Same gas, same stations, same gas tank, same vehicle. So, why the increases? Because of worries about a war in the Middle-East. 
 
Well, I don’t live in the Middle-East, never did, never will. In fact, I couldn’t find it with a Sherpa guide, trained hunting dogs, a detailed map and a zillion watt flashlight. What’s more, I don’t even want to try. And yet, since all the clowns over there hate each other, and always will, I just got ripped off at the pump for the umpteenth time. And there’s something really, really wrong with that. Especially since we’ve got just as much oil as they do, but they're allowed to drill and we’re not. 
 
So, my ongoing question’s still the same. When are citizens going to wake up, get angry enough, and revolt against the monumental fraud in the White House? Our environment hasn’t changed an iota regarding quality, and it won’t, because it can’t since pollutant reduction has no real effect. Yet, we’re not only still getting buried in BS, we’re sitting by while our hard-earned cash goes to camel feed,  burro whips and canvas tents in a desert somewhere. 
 
And although I apologize for the outburst above, since it wasn’t my intent to mention a we’ll-worn subject again, but I simply had to get the rage off my chest. Because enough’s enough, and being robbed blind by a phony scammer’s really hard to take sitting down and keeping quiet, which is why I’ll keep on writing about it, hoping others will do the same on paper. Or better yet, in concert and out loud.   
 
In the meantime though, there’s not much other interesting news but I found an item on Real Clear Politics via Drudge about the incumbent’s celebrating Ramadan at the white House. And here’s what he said: 
 
“Throughout our history, Islam has contributed to the character of our country, and Muslim-Americans, and their good works, have helped to build our nation - and we've seen the results. We've seen those results in generations of Muslim immigrants - farmers and factory workers, helping to lay the railroads and build our cities," President Obama said at a dinner celebrating Ramadan on Thursday at the White House. This is the fifth such dinner that President Obama has hosted.” 
 
Now, I’d never given the subject much thought, but figured that if these folks deserved a day with the incumbent, I’d look up the details because I’ve always liked to learn. 
 
In searching the web, using the incumbent’s words, Muslim-Americans. looking for people of note in our history, here’s what I found. 
 
One’s an Egyptian-American Muslim scientist, Farouk El-Baz who served as the Supervisor of Lunar Science Planning for NASA’s Apollo Program. 
 
Then according to Emily L. Hauser, in her column, In My Head, there are six others, one of whom performed his heroics in Iraq. 
 
So, all told, there are seven notable Muslim-Americans throughout our history, which gave me a different perspective on the White House event. Because I don’t think with all of our economic problems a party like that was needed at all. It could have been accomplished much less expensively, by putting the guests in an SUV and taking them to McDonalds for a family special.  
 
For those who are interested, here’s a link to; American heroes. Emily L. Hauser - In My Head
 
That’s it for today folks 
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment