Wednesday, October 17, 2012

BloggeRhythms 10/17/2012

As planned, I didn’t watch the debate last evening, and from what I’ve seen in the recaps so far, I’m quite glad I skipped it. According to Greta Van Susteran on Fox late last night, it was too nasty for her at times but other than that she thought it was boring. My wife turned it off shortly after it started, saying the same thing except adding the word stupid as well.
 
Naturally all the other flaks and pundits are spinning a win for their side, which is exactly what I’d expect and confirms my basic premise. Because I can’t understand who in the world that truly intends to vote will be swayed by the monotonous verbiage expended on both sides whereas the candidates, their history’s, their agendas, their plans, and especially their track records have been documented and discussed in the media 24/7/366 for what seems like eons now.
 
Consequently, regardless of all the noise about the large number of still undecided’s, I don’t believe there are very many left at all. And for those who truly still are unsure, my bet is they won’t vote in November. Because if they didn’t care enough to do any of their own homework regarding the candidates so far, especially considering the critical importance of the coming election, I sincerely doubt they’ll show up at the polls. Because, lazy, dense, ignorant, spoiled, and noncommittal are innate traits which I believe this group will still have on election day, therefore the odds are they’ll stay home and duck responsibility as usual.
 
So, I guess, at best the three wastes of time so far have provided the media with something to fill up their space with, and they still have one more to go. But as for me, I can’t help but notice that things are exactly the same today as they were before these talk-fests began: Unemployment’s horrendous, health care’s a fiasco, foreign affairs have become a tragic joke, education’s going backwards, the nation’s world status has shrunk, oil prices are breaking citizen's financial backs, inflation’s rising, global warming doesn't even exist, alternative energy’s a total bust, unions are gouging employers more than ever, GM and Chrysler are losing ground in the U.S., patronage and political paybacks have created frauds like Solyndra and these are just a few examples of the total ineptitude of current governance.
 
So, I’ll ask again: What is there to debate about in view of the preceding list of facts?
 
That’s it for today folks.
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment