Monday, October 1, 2012

BloggeRhythms 10/1/2012

As regular readers know, I’m not impressed, affected or really very much interested in what anybody tells me. I’m much more focused on what people actually do. My approach comes from a combination of personal experience where people’s words don’t always reflect truths, combined with long-term business exposure.
 
In that regard, one of the most important aspects of my decision making is observation and analysis of what I view, as opposed to any kind of reliance on what others tell me or influences they wish to instill.
 
Consequently, last night I came across Ed Wallace interviewing Paul Ryan on Fox News and decided to listen in. And I’m glad I did because what I saw was a highly experienced, very well poised, focused candidate, Ryan, facing an inquisitor who seemed to me bent upon trying to trip him up, break him down and score points for himself.
 
However, no matter how hard Wallace tried to divert or dissuade Ryan’s responses, Ryan wouldn't back off, alter his course or let himself get trapped. Instead he made Wallace look like someone on a mission to support and defend Ryan’s competition. In fact, almost every question Wallace asked began with a reference to recent polls which show Mitt Romney trailing the Incumbent.
 
To Mr. Ryan’s great credit, however, as Wallace continually stabbed, poked and needled him with slanted questions, Ryan simply smiled as if he were dealing with a petulant child and steadfastly stood his ground by stating or repeating his very intelligently worded message.
 
And what I thought came through the clearest was Ryan’s continual adherence to his basic point, that voters face an extremely critical and absolutely clear choice before them. They can either opt to continue the same decline the nation suffers right now or choose to elect a man who knows how to reverse that situation, and the decisions up to them.
 
However, no matter how many times or ways Ryan tried to explain how, what, why, where and when his party would remedy the country’s ills, Wallace ignored the answers and kept insisting that regardless, the polls show the Incumbent’s ahead.
 
So, coming back to my original point about learning via observation, here’s what I found out about Paul Ryan last night.  He came through as a very logical, highly intelligent, seasoned practitioner who also has considerable inner strength and a great deal of patience. Because had I been sitting across from Wallace last night as he continually hammered his one and only point about poll results, I’d have punched him senseless on the spot. So, I guess it’s good for all of us that Ryan’s on the ticket and I’m certainly not.
 
That’s it for today folks.
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment