Saturday, February 11, 2012

BloggeRhythms 2/11/2012

As the Republican presidential candidates keep blabbering at the CPAC convention, I think they're making some huge mistakes. Because while trying to outdo each other in proving how conservative they are, they're likely alienating more and more of those who aren't.

In my own particular case, I have no use for any politician, regardless of their affiliation, because I truly believe they're all self-serving, egotistical, frauds. I also think they're in it for the power while serving, and then the paybacks after leaving office. Nonetheless, I do cast a vote and because I have interests in business, Republicans appeal to me most often. But, all of that notwithstanding, as far as all their other moral and life-style pontificating goes, I couldn't care less. In fact, my personal beliefs or proclivities are none of their GD business and I resent any intrusion by anyone.  

And that's why I think that as far as their party goes, they're very wrong in loudly touting how "conservative" they are. Because they're already going to get each and every conservative vote, no matter which of the Republican candidates gets the nomination. But although that's a given it simply isn't enough to win an election which should be a slam dunk. Because in order to succeed, they need to win over the majority of independents.

Consequently, by trying to prove how "conservative" they are, I think they're scaring off more folks in the middle than they're winning. And that's really a shame because what the country really does need right now is a reversal of fiscal policy, a beefing up of military strength and a repeal of health care legislation.  But, if in order to get those things, folks are going to have to swallow the rest of what conservatives want to do to their personal choices, I think most independents will likely vote for the present incumbent.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment