Thursday, February 10, 2011

BloggeRhythms 2/10/2011

As I was typing yesterday's entry, I was contemplating the reaction of my generally most supportive reader, who's also at times my severest critic -my wife. Because although she really raises few issues when I expound my views, she becomes very upset when I sink to the lowest levels of human behavior. And, of course, I was right. She thought yesterday's entry an immature waste of blog space.

According to her, and I think she's correct, you can state disagreement without becoming childish, brutish, immature and acting like some kind of heathen, regardless of how upset you are. But, at the same time, I obviously feel that there are "hot button" subjects which override logic, breeding, manners and an educated, sophisticated approach to life. And that's why I sometimes lose my cool.

Because, I believe if you don't roll up your sleeves and demonstrate anger in some visible, palpable way, you fall short of making your point, thereby letting perpetrators get away Scott free. And I think there's something wrong with that. Because while the basis for things like political correctness may be honorable at their conceptual core, when you apply them in real life you wind up killing a marvelous city like San Francisco.

So, when people try to take advantage of me, or encroach on my personal space, I'm not comfortable merely saying "No thanks" or "Not now," I want them to know that I not only resent their wasting my time, but that they risk repercussion if they do it again.

And my real question is: If folks don't get rid of them that way, how will the hucksters, hustlers and frauds learn to leave us alone if no one poses tangible threats?

And that's why, though my reactions may be as immature, base and repulsive as you can get, I have no problem delivering them. And as far as telemarketers go, I'd gladly meet them anywhere, anytime in person, to get a chance to really practice what I preach and prove that I mean it.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment