Thursday, March 28, 2013

BloggeRhythms 3/28/2013

An article by Martin Crutsinger, Economics Writer for the Associated Press via Drudge, comes right on the heels of yesterday’s subject which concerned making every attempt to discern hard facts while others may attempt to disguise truths with camouflaging rhetoric. 
 
In today’s case, I don’t really know if it’s my own misunderstanding of what was written, or if I truly grasped the author’s gist. Because to me it seemed as if he was quite high on the nation’s economic outlook, bolstered by many positive facts, although his opening line read: “The U.S. economy grew at a slightly faster but still anemic rate at the end of last year.”

Then, after presenting several reasons for why the economic outlook should look good he wrote that: “The 0.4 percent growth rate for the gross domestic product, the economy's total output of goods and services, was the weakest quarterly performance in almost two years and followed a much faster 3.1 percent increase in the third quarter. The fourth quarter was hurt by the sharpest fall in defense spending in 40 years.”

So, here again is another case where we’re being told that everything really looks fine economically, except for the data that says its not.

As for me, I surely don’t know what Mr. Crutsinger’s trying to prove with his logic, and frankly don’t really care a lot. However, just so that you can make up your own minds, I’ve included a link to his story: ANEMIC- GROWTH AT 0.4%

And after you read it, my guess is you’ll conclude as I did that the  numbers say that the future’s quite bright, except for the facts indicating its dim. 

That’s it for today folks.

Adios
 

No comments:

Post a Comment