Tuesday, August 28, 2012

BloggeRhythms 8/28/2012

I’ve let lots of movies and shows pile up in my DVD, to have things to watch on TV for the next few days. I pre-record what I watch all the time anyway, because that way, I fast-forward through all the commercials. It’s been many years since I watched any kind of ad and even do that with my favorite, Jeopardy, viewing it on disk a half hour after it actually airs.
 
However, the reason I’m piling up extra viewing footage is that, as I’m sure everyone reading this knows, the Republican convention begins in earnest today in Tampa. And for myself, I have no intention of listening to days of endless speeches, commentary and dribble from talking heads whom are very, very, very unlikely to tell me anything I don’t already know.
 
I also don’t understand who could possibly be a living, breathing human being intending to vote that hasn’t heard everything there is to know by now either. Because for the past three years, the partisan stuff’s been pounded out in the press and on the air 24/7/365.  In fact, as I write these words, I think anyone truly unaware of exactly what’s going to be spewed and discussed in Tampa, has to be either a mental vegetable or have been stranded on a yak in Tibet in a blizzard for a long, long time.
 
And that brings me to the subject of speeches in general. Because I simply don’t understand their value, unless those delivering them are unknown to the listener completely. And even in that case, speeches themselves amount to nothing more than a stream of absolute and worthless BS. What's more is: Whereas I wasn’t born under a turnip, I know that it doesn’t matter what people say or promise that counts, all that matters is what they actually do.
 
So, in regard to the spewers in Tampa, every one of them’s a high profile figure with a documented track record that’s not only public, most of them appear in the news on a regular basis, thus I already know what they've done to date. And what are they going to tell me? They think Romney’s good and the incumbents bad…gee whiz, what a surprise! And then when the hot air’s been dispersed, pundits and “experts’ will parse and re-parse every word, until listeners are not only bored senseless, they’ll likely be comatose altogether.
 
And that’s why I’ll avoid all the repetitive campaign gibberish and tune in my DVD. Because although I’ve watched Dirty Harry countless times, as well as a Few Good Men, Let It Ride, and a slew of old Law & Orders, they’re all far more interesting and certainly better acted than a bunch of windbag politicos and analysts who’ve got nothing new or interesting  to tell me at all.
 
That’s it for today folks.
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment