Friday, August 17, 2012

BloggeRhythms 8/17/2012

Just for the record, I want to pat myself on the back a bit. Because everyone to whom I’ve mentioned my belief that the incumbent would offer Hillary the Vice Presidency next time around has told me I’m daft, out of touch, or don’t have a clue about how  politics work at all.

And then, lo and behold, what did the incumbent do yesterday? Why he offered the job to Hillary of course.

To reiterate quickly, I first got the sense that the invitation was coming when Willy agreed to take a significant role in the upcoming convention. Because it’s no secret that he despises the incumbent completely whereas he harpoons him every chance he gets.

So, I guess the question now is, who else might be selected for the VP slot because anyone with a grain of sense realizes what a liability Biden is on the ticket. And, as I stated a couple of days ago, I still expect that some issue or other will cause the Veep to resign, especially now that Paul Ryan’s the contender for the job because a debate between those two isn’t even a contest. The only way Biden could have a prayer for a win is to have his mouth taped shut and an intelligent interpreter speaking for him.

As far as Hillary goes though, I’m surprised she turned the job offer down. Because, although I can see that she likely wants to stay away from the taint of the blunders, horrendous mistakes and incredibly poor job done to date by the administration, she’d likely be able to remain above all that and perhaps even become a savior.

But even more important than all that is her prior White House experience and knowledge of how sometimes politicos wind up in nearby Fort Marcy Park. And if that happened somehow to the incumbent, due to some tragic event occurring during his next term, she’d slide right in to the job she’s always wanted without even having to win an election.

Consequently, despite all the valid reasons for her not wanting to occupy the second slot right now, I still think a major opportunity’s being wasted.

That’s it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment