Tuesday, July 24, 2012

BloggeRhythms 7/24/2012

A friend and I used to meet quite often at the end of the day, for a refreshment or two, and during those times, we’d discuss the news and significant events taking place in the nation and world.

And whereas we both devoted reasonable time to obtaining and digesting a great deal of input from a wide variety of sources, we were usually quite well-informed. So much so in fact, that there were many times where things discussed between ourselves was a beat or two ahead of significant media interest, but then later became headlines. And that caused us to joke about our conversations being overheard or electronically tapped.  What’s more, it’s that same approach that often forms the basis of my daily entries here.

I mention this today because while perusing Drudge on-line, I came across an article from the  Financial Times by none other than Pat Buchanan titled, “America needs no more neo-imperial nonsense.” And it seems to me that, although Mr. Buchanan included many more specific examples to support his case, his point was just about exactly what I wrote here yesterday. That, if nothing else, our leader's primary obligation is to the U.S., not foreign nations, and if those in office did what they were supposed to in utilizing our own resources, we’d still be fine even if the rest of the world went belly up.

And so, perhaps, since my friend and I no longer hold the sessions we used to because things do tend to change, I’m now carrying on our former tradition by myself. And that’s fine with me except I’d really like to find out how the likes of Pat Buchanan found out where I chill out, and if he’s going to use my stuff…why didn’t he at least pick up my tab?

That’s it for today folks.

Adios 

No comments:

Post a Comment