Tuesday, April 5, 2011

BloggeRhythms 4/5/2011

House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, Republican from Wisconsin, presented a budget plan that would overhaul Medicare and Medicaid as well as impose caps on government spending. He says steps have to be taken now to prevent financial collapse in the future. His plan contains about $6 trillion in cuts over the next ten years.

Now, whether there will be any kind of spending bill passed or whatever happens regarding changes in legislation, I doubt it really means anything because those on both sides of the budget battle are politicians. That means there's little chance that anything said or proposed by either side is true. The only reason I brought it up at all is because the Democrat response and renouncing of Ryan's ideas was issued by Nancy Pelosi.

When I saw her name, I did a double take because I'd forgotten all about her. In fact, it took me a moment or two to realize that she hadn't left the House altogether, only lost the Speaker's position.

And that made me feel good. Because that reassures me that no matter how bad things seem to be while they're happening, there's always hope for the future. And even when a nagging pain haunts you every day for what seems to be eons, as was the case when Pelosi ran Congress, there's light at the end of the tunnel. And better than that, as soon as I finish typing this entry, I can forget all about her again, this time hopefully forever.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment