Wednesday, April 27, 2011

BloggeRhythms 4/27/2011

It looks like the Trump campaign for the presidency took a huge hit today. The president finally released his official birth certificate, which clearly shows he was born in Hawaii in 1961. And since Trump's main issue has been that he believes the president isn't a citizen by birth, he's got little left to talk about.

In the meantime, I was thinking about what, if anything, Trump is actually qualified for as president, and the only thing I could come up with is his taking over the Eastern Airlines shuttle back in 1989. Because that experience might give him some kind of thread to tie to the Air Force, and even though it's quite a stretch, I can't conceive of anything else he's done that even comes close to presidential credentials.

But, while thinking about his running shuttle, some memories came back because for almost eight years I flew the NY/Boston round trip about forty or more weeks a year. By my rough estimate it was somewhere around 700 flights. And the thing that sticks in my mind the most about those flights was that the vast majority of passengers were business folks like me, and I don't think any of us cared about the planes we were on...we just wanted to get where we were going ASAP.

But, I guess Trump didn't ask his patrons about their greatest concerns, because the first thing he did was to upgrade the upholstery in the cabins and put gold faucets on the lavatory sinks. Now, as far as I was concerned, for the time I was on those planes I couldn't care less about what kind of leather I was sitting on, I just wanted to land. And, I know he didn't do any better than Eastern, US Air, Delta or anyone else to get me down when I was stuck in a holding pattern, circling for hours because LaGuardia was fogged in.

So, when you add it all up, he ran the shuttle for about three years as I recall and then, as usual, creditors and banks took it over again and that was that. But, maybe that venture taught him what he needs to know about running our Air Force, and I know our pilots will be much happier when they're bombing Libya in outfits made of gold lamet.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment