Sunday, September 26, 2010

BloggeRhythms 9/26/2010

Quick entry because I spent most of today the time reading a great book, 61 Hours by Lee Child. Gang Green doesn't suit up till tonight.

But I did notice that Barney Frank in Massachusetts is "campaigning" which he hasn't the felt the need to do in quite a long time. It's because he's not doing so hot against a newcomer, Republican Sean Bielat, a former Marine and businessman. Now, that in itself may not be so odd, but apparently Bill Clinton's been asked to help, and that's what got me to thinking.

My thoughts aren't so much about Frank because his track record speaks for itself and if people don't know who and what he is by now, they must live in some kind of vacuum sealed pouch, because he gets always gets huge press. So, what I'm wondering about is why would he ask Bill Clinton for help. Because Frank's problems are all about ethics, or rather their lack. So why go to a world renown known liar and cheat for endorsement? It's like John Dillinger saying "I didn't rob that bank. Just ask Willy Sutton...he'll vouch for me."

In Clinton's case, two charges against him passed in the House, one for perjury the other for obstruction of justice. In January 2001 Clinton reached an agreement under which he was ordered to pay $25,000 in fines to Arkansas state's bar officials and his Arkansas law license was suspended for five years. Then he was suspended by the Supreme Court in October 2001, and, facing disbarment from that court he resigned from the Supreme Court bar in November.

So, in keeping with my theme of late, I have to keep thinking that folks today are too well-informed and aware. And I think that means that a guy who's in trouble with his constituents because of his actions and arrogance can no longer make a speech belying what everyone's seen live and in color. And, while I'm surprised to see someone like Frank in trouble, because I thought he was a permanent fixture, maybe this time around the voters will be gay, and not just the former incumbent.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment