Thursday, December 20, 2012

BloggeRhythms 12/20/2012

The Los Angeles Times' Paul Richter, via Drudge, writes that former U.N. Ambassador, John Bolton, who served during the George W. Bush administration said, “that (Hillary) Clinton’s claim that she had fainted because of the flu, hitting her head and suffering a concussion, was what foreign service officers call a ‘diplomatic illness,’ intended to free a diplomat from an unpleasant duty."
 
Bolton continued that, “This is a diplomatic illness to beat the band. I mean, I hope it’s nothing serious. But this was revealed in a way that I think was not transparent and I think there is an obligation here.”
 
Now, I’m certainly not surprised at the Ambassador's comments, I wrote about the very same subject yesterday in another context, and have very little doubt that Hillary’s lying through her teeth. However, I’m mentioning  her again today out of complete and utter confusion.
 
I have very little doubt that most folks, certainly those capable of rational thought, clearly understand what the Clinton’s, and most self-serving, duplicitous, political pond scum are all about. Yet day after day, time after time, they’re permitted to get away with incredible abuses of power and immeasurable ineptitude without outraged demands from the public for their removal from office, or even jail time in many, many cases.
 
So my question for today is, why does the public permit this to happen? Are we so inured to the fact most politicos are worthless that we just ignore them, accept their dysfunctional performance and move on with our lives? Or perhaps, are they so insignificant to us we don’t even pay attention to their self-serving aims at all?
 
And, if that’s truly the case, I can surely understand that. Because I’ve no use for any of them either,  but I still think our attitude is wrong, whereas in just about any other walk of life folks are held accountable for their performance, and if substandard, unfit or illegal, they pay the price. But not politicos who skip away Scott free just about every time.
 
In fact, one of the main reasons I sit here and type these entries every day is to try and inform readers of things they might have missed or don't have time to search for themselves. And one of the things I found early on was that it was hard to believe some of the outrageous stuff I came across. What's more, thinking back on the majority of items I’ve posted, it’s overwhelming that so much of it concerns the worthlessness and cost to the public of just about all politicians. 
 
So, therefore, I truly believe we’ve all got to get together and find some way to not just boot these bloodsucking leeches out of office, but to make them pay a commensurate price. And along those lines, there needs to be an enforceable, severe penalty for ineptitude, mistakes and illegalities. Then, if we did that we might wind up with competent, professionals in office who know how to do their jobs, just like it works in the real world.
 
That's it for today folks.
 
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment