Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BloggeRhythms 8/17/2011

The president's really very concerned about unemployment. So much so that he's on a bus tour in the Midwest, supposedly meeting the grass-roots folks to learn what can be done to find people jobs and get them working again.

Now, in keeping with all of the things the administration's done since taking office, it seems somebody made a slight error in judgement. Because the specially built, Secret Service approved bus itself was built in Canada at a cost of 1.1 million dollars according to the New York Post. So, when it comes to governmental hypocrisy and ineptitude, it doesn't get more glaring than that.

Along the same lines, the Gingrich campaign announced that Newt's on the way to Hawaii to campaign. And in the scheme of electoral value, the state means nothing at all toward getting the nomination. But, as a practical matter, why waste the money given to him by sincere supporters when you can spend it just as frivolously on yourself without getting into office.

As far as the bus tour itself is concerned, the president says that unemployment's critical and something must be done ASAP. So, after gathering the information he needs he'll make a major speech sometime in September regarding his solutions. I guess that means what he's planning to say is worth wasting another month.

As far as the speech itself goes, my only question is how will everyone know which one it is? Because considering that he makes speeches three or four times every day as a rule, how will folks figure out that this one's really important?

My only personal regret is that I didn't become a politician. Because everywhere I ever worked, my employer's wanted results or else I was gone before you could blink. So, I can't even imagine the luxury of keeping a job in which I was a total failure. But then again, I also had another characteristic which made success important to me: Unlike the president, I was born with some pride.

That's it for today folks.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment