Monday, December 20, 2010

BloggeRhythms 12/20/2010

I've had some heart issues in the past few years that my medicos tell me have been completely fixed. But, I'm one of those folks that likes reassurance, even when given "expert" opinions. And yesterday I got some. Because the Jets pulled out a win against the Steelers that went down to the last two seconds, and Gang Green didn't cave in. However, the nail-biting finish was enough to do a weaker man in.

I obviously don't know why, but it seems that this year's team can't simply put away games early, no matter the opposition. Just about every contest, except one, has gone down to the wire. I know I've said this here before, but it's a lot like watching the NBA in the old days when they played real basketball. The whole game really took place in the last few moments of the fourth quarter, and no leads were ever too big too overcome, so no fan could ever become complacent.

I've also been around too long to make any kind of prediction on any kind of professional sport, and I've learned that no matter how much experience professionals have amassed before they become talking heads, they can't predict with assurance either. Nonetheless one can still get a sense of a team's capabilities over the course of a season, whereby you can see which way the odds tilt somewhat. And, in that sense, the Jets have proven quite often that they can come back from behind and win. The only problem I have with that is, trying to live through the competitions.

That's it for today folks

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment